Kyle State2State or State to State Moving Co in Clifton

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
njtotexas

Kyle State2State or State to State Moving Co in Clifton

Postby njtotexas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:56 am

I can't find a whole lot of information on this company. One consumer complaint but only 2 very brief positive complaints. Does anyone know anything about this company? Please help!

JAHaddow

Re: Kyle State2State or State to State Moving Co in Clifton

Postby JAHaddow » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:53 pm

I did a search and found a website with Kyles State 2 State moving and the DOT and MC numbers on the website are invalid. This was in Clifton NJ. I would be extremely reluctant to use this company. I searched by the name and no movers listed with the safersys.org website. I report, you decide.
"Having the Right Information Makes for an Informed Decision"

NYCMover

Postby NYCMover » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:46 pm

To njtotexas,

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon with JAHaddow here and recommend you look elsewhere for a long distance carrier. JAH was correct that the US DOT# listed on their website is incorrect, but that is a typo and not surprising when taking into account the considerable number of grammatical errors that show there.

The correct US DOT # for Kyle State to State Moving Inc. is # 2533230 and according to federal records the company has 1 truck registered for interstate use and they were licensed as a common carrier on 11/7/2014. The federal records indicate that the company's operating authority was revoked involuntarily on 10/27/15 and then not reinstated until recently, on 6/3/16. Federal records also show a complaint filed against Kyle State to State where the customer alleged problems with the estimate vs. the final charges, damage and loss, pickup and delivery and claims settlement issues. The company's listed address at 14 Sylvan Ave., Clifton, NJ 07011 is a private house.

I can't find a Better Business Bureau report on this company or any Yelp reviews. Considering how limited the abilities of this carrier are and that your things are being shipped 1,400+ miles away - I would think there would be many better choices (in terms of available carriers) for you to choose from.

Good luck with your move :)

elizabethsand

Postby elizabethsand » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:31 am

I hired this company in June of 2015 and its been nothing but problems since. The company kept my items for 37days and refused to unload the truck without payment when I questioned why items were destroyed and missing. I filed a case with their insurance company in July of 2015 and still have not been reimbursed. My furniture came destroyed. The solid wood beds, desks, dressers all came full of water and mold. It was so waterlogged the wood split and everything had to be thrown away. I have called and emailed the owner every other day for a couple months now only to get the runaround. I filed a report with the Better Business Bureau last week and another with the Department of Transportation. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make these scam artists pay? STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! A year and a half later I have no resolve. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Jeff.Walker

Postby Jeff.Walker » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:59 pm

Hi elizabethsand,
The first thing I'd recommend is reading our article "I’ve Been Scammed! What now?". You should find several helpful suggestions that you can try. Once a scam has occurred, it's very hard to get "justice" out of the situation. Usually, the best you can hope for is just to get your stuff. That's not to say you shouldn't try, but unless you had full valuation protection, your stuff will only be worth $6 / lb. Even with full valuation protection, after a year and 1/2 there is a good chance you have missed your window of opportunity to file a claim against your company. One of the pro's can correct me if I'm wrong, but usually there is a 60-90 day window to file a claim. Often times a scammer will use delay tactics (he's out of the office, or he's on another line, etc.) in order to delay the claim until it can't be contested anymore.

I'm truly sorry to hear what happened to you and hope you come back before your next move so we can help you find a reputable moving company.

Return to “Open Community”